Saturday, February 26, 2011

It's bright out here...

It's a process I'm told. I think I've always known; I just didn't want to accept it. When I think back, none of my friends were that into Disney. To like Disney was okay but loving Disney, clearly was not acceptable among my peers. I had to learn to adapt to their way; I had to learn their social cues.  I dabbled in their interest just to fit in. I watched the Snoopy holiday specials, woke up early in the mornings to see Super Friends & the Justice League, oh, &  Smurfs. I did enjoy those little blue guys. I hid behind the Smurf context for many years even dressing up like one for Halloween. I knew I wasn't being real.

So this is the beginning. This is me. This is where the work will start.  I will have to deal with my parents & my friends, oh & my co-workers, I work in a definite anti-Disney work environment yet ironically pro-Muppet (a post for another time.) I've decided, like Lavern & Shirley, to do this my way...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! And now, you're out...and proud! Own it, sistah! Job well done, and don't you feel better? lol Look forward to reading more...soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Congrats on coming out. We embrace you.

    ReplyDelete